Monday, November 9, 2009

What is TechDoc Online?

Tech Doc Online is an online documentation of Datatel/Colleague delivered files and fields structure as well as screen information and rather cryptic information on subroutines. The great thing about Tech Doc Online is that you can get file information in fairly easy to understand format. It gives you an idea as to how the file relates to other files and a little about how Datatel has intended it to be used. When I was first using Colleague, I had a basic understanding of query language and database structures. What I didn't know was the verbs and the files and fields information. Once I found out about Tech Doc Online, I used it all the time. I looked at the primary file I needed and then from there, I branched out, looking at other files and fields that were connected. I found processes that we weren't even using and then found others who were using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment